Magic F Franz Wagner (ankle) out indefinitely
Dec 3, 2025; Orlando, Florida, USA; Orlando Magic forward Franz Wagner (22) looks on against the San Antonio Spurs in the fourth quarter at Kia Center. Mandatory Credit: Nathan Ray Seebeck-Imagn Images Orlando Magic forward Franz Wagner will be sidelined indefinitely following tests on his injured left ankle, the team said Wednesday.
The Magic said they will reevaluate Wagner's progress in three weeks. He has missed 25 of the past 29 games since sustaining the high ankle sprain on Dec. 7.
"Recent imaging confirmed Wagner requires additional time and rehabilitation before returning to full basketball activities," the team said.
Wagner, 24, is averaging 21.3 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.6 assists in 28 games (26 starts) this season, his fifth since Orlando made him the No. 8 overall pick in the 2021 NBA Draft.
He has averaged 19.3 points, 4.9 boards and 3.7 assists in 319 career games (317 starts), shooting 47.5% from the field and 32.5% from 3-point distance.
The Magic (28-25) return from the All-Star break on Thursday night at Sacramento. Orlando sits in seventh place in the Eastern Conference.
--Field Level Media
The Minnesota Twins Should've Traded Pablo Lopez Last Year
Why the NBA’s Tanking Problem Isn’t What You Think
Three Quarterbacks With the Most to Prove at the NFL Combine
Are the Pittsburgh Pirates Finally Ready to Contend in 2026?
Two Massive Questions That Will Define the NBA’s Second Half
- Best 2026 American League East Season-Long Future Betting Predictions
- Best College Basketball Bets for Monday: Duke vs Syracuse, Houston vs Iowa State
- NBA All-Star Game Betting Preview: Best Picks for World vs. USA and MVP Odds
- NBA All-Star Saturday Picks: Best Bets for the 3-Point Contest and Shooting Stars
- NBA Three-Point Contest 2026 Best Picks and Prediction Markets for All-Star Saturday
- NBA Picks Tonight: Three Best Bets Before the All-Star Break
- Best NBA Betting Picks for Wednesday Feb. 11th Slate

